Wednesday, December 8

the wonderful world of trade....

my fabulous color theory class has included several painting projects. i now appreciate anyone who can successfully work with paint, and i am fascinated by everybody's individual style. i have a classmate who is already a painter so she showed superior skills to the rest of us who had never played around with the stuff. i fell in love with one of her paintings......



and i asked her if she would be willing to let me have it. she suggested a trade. i was flattered. i am always excited when i find people who enjoy and support my craftiness. i quilt and she crochets (and she often includes it in her artwork) and we are both looking at exploring womens 'craft' and how it can/will overlap the art world. what a great exploration!

here is the quilt i made for her.

it's about 38" x 45" and it was super fun (and quick) to make.

here's the back:


i hand quilted it and love, love, love the way it turned out. it was my first experience handquilting, and i am a convert. i am now excited to handquilt everything. i feel like it gives me more creative control.


i'm always excited to have great pieces of art from people i know. thanks for trading with me allyson.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Is this a turning point for you? I look forward to seeing how hand quilting influences your future work. You're developing a distinctive style with your piecing and it's muy, muy appealing. Love your color combinations. They're edgy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love the quilt, the painting, and the fun involved in trading creativity.

    ReplyDelete