Friday, September 9

finish friday - dyeing fabric

one of my first projects for fibers II.

i did a 9-step gradient dyeing process between 2 colors. then, i did that 3 times resulting in 27 different colors. i will end up sewing this fabric into something to turn in, but the result of the fabrics is exciting enough to post.

this is a picture of all of the fabric marinating in their dye baths overnight. i brought them home in a big plastic tub so i could keep a close eye on them.


my mom came to the studio to help me rinse them all out. it was quite a job and i was glad to have the assistance and company. we hung them on the line in color order, and it was so awesome looking i had to take a picture.


i was standing on a stool to snap the shot and about fell on my a** when getting down. suppose that would have added some humor to the day...

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous is this?!!? I had one of the most fun days EVER doing this with you! Cannot wait to see what you create with these amazing, amazing colors. You're amazing and I really like your ideas. And being your rubber gloved assistant was a treat. Great job on the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete